Summer School for Pitchers AND Catchers!
Let's GET BETTER together this summer!
Come spend 12-hours over 2-days with BreakThrew Fastpitch in these fast-paced, information-packed, FUN camps!
Open to any and all girls in 3rd-12th grades!
Camp Dates & Locations:
Joliet Junior College Event Center/Softball Field (7/27-28)
Parkway Bank Sports Complex (7/29)
Instruction for Pitchers AND Catchers
Each pitcher/catcher attending will receive:
1. 12-hours of growth and learning (6-hours each day)
2. Physical skill development for pitching/catching
3. Mindset discussions
4. Camp T-shirt
5. Camp Notebook
7. 1 Ticket to OPENING NIGHT (7/29) of Athletes Unlimited Softball (additional tickets available for $14 each)
8. Self-Defense & Personal Safety session with Barb Jordan of Always Bev
9. Pizza party on 7/27 and Popsicle party on 7/28
Summer School Staff
Lead Summer School Instructors:
Pitching: Myndie Berka, BreakThrew Fastpitch Founder
Catching: Emily Marino, Head Softball Coach - Joliet Junior College
Personal Safety/Self Defense Session:
Barb Jordan, Founder of Always Bev
Athletes Unlimited players making an appearance at camp:
More AU Players Announced SOON!
Additional Staff at Summer School includes:
Current and former college softball players
What You Will Learn At Summer School:
- Mechanics (pitchers)
- Speed/power development (pitchers)
- Controlling the ball/targets (both)
- Change-ups and off-speed pitches (pitchers)
- Movement Spins (pitchers)
- Throwing, Blocking, Receiving, Framing (catchers)
- Competitive practice drills/games (both)
- Growth Mindset & Failure = Opportunity (both)
- Establishing Routines (both)
- Competing with confidence (both)
- Pitcher/Catcher Communication (both)
- Setting up Hitters (both)
- Non-Verbal Communication/Body Language (both)
- Q&A session about college softball (both)
Who Should Attend Summer School?
Athletes will be put into small groups with others of a similar age and/or skill level so that instruction can be provided for pitchers/catchers that are beginners, intermediate or advanced!
The athlete to instructor ratio will be 8/1 or lower so that each pitcher and catcher will get feedback specific to her needs from coaches during camp!
3:00pm-6:00pm - Skill Development
6:30-7:00pm - PIZZA PARTY!
7:00-8:00pm - Self-Defense/Personal Safety with Barb Jordan
8:00pm-9:30pm - Skill Development
Thursday, 7/28 (Joliet Junior College):
9:30am-12:30pm - Skill Development
12:30-1:30pm Lunch (on your own)
1:30pm-4:00pm - Skill Development
4:00-4:30 - POPSICLE PARTY and Q&A with coaches
A 1-hour session with AU athletes, that will include Q&A and autographs, will be placed on the schedule (on either 7/27 or 7/28) once exact times are confirmed!
Friday, 7/29 (Parkway Bank Sports Complex):
Free day in the Chicago area before coming to Parkway Bank Sports Complex to watch OPENING NIGHT of Athlete Unlimited, Season 3!
6:00pm - *Athletes Unlimited: Team Orange VS Team Blue
8:30pm - *Athletes Unlimited: Team Gold VS Team Purple
*Athletes Unlimited games are played at:
Parkway Bank Sports Complex
27 Jennie Finch Way
Rosemont, IL 60018